University of Mary Washington Professor of Political Science Stephen Farnsworth commented on the state of Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin's first budget in The Washington Post. “The governor and the legislature have demonstrated how effectively they can generate gridlock on most issues so far, and now the challenge is how to demonstrate that you can govern,” Farnsworth said in the piece. Read more.
Dr. Farnsworth was also quoted in other media.
- WVTF: State lawmakers could finally vote on a budget proposal next week
- CTV News: U.S. Sends More Weapons to Ukraine
- Cardinal News: Budget includes money for Hurley, paying off debt on Central Virginia Training Center
- CTV News: 12 Children, 2 Teachers, Killed in TX
- Chatham Star Tribune: Small cannabis entrepreneurs say they can’t compete against ‘Walmart of weed’
- The Republican Standard: Virginia Budget Negotiators Indicate a Deal is Close
- Virginia Mercury: As government becomes less responsive to the Fourth Estate, it’s the governed who suffer most
- WVTF: Republicans to choose nominees by convention in three Congressional districts Saturday
- NBC 12: Small cannabis entrepreneurs say they can’t compete against ‘Walmart of weed’
- The Wrap: ‘The Problem with Jon Stewart’ Has a Problem with Ratings
- WHRV 89-5: Republican Conventions